01-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #13
ecf34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Probably.

Sager makes a pretty dank laptop with some good specs, I've just never heard of Sager and there doesn't seem to be any reviews I can push a little for a 1070.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8157.html

Just ordered a Razer Blade yesterday as a replacement for my MBP 13 Retina. I had considered the MSI GS43VR, Alienware 13, as well as the new MBP 13.

I was looking for a portable (<14") laptop with good build quality and performance. After doing extensive research here are my thoughts:

MSI: Excellent value, lightest of the PCs. Build quality is mediocre and the aesthetics are very gamer oriented. The non-SSD hard drive isn't ideal but if you have a tight budget this is worth looking into.

Alienware: Lots of ports, OLED display, and lighting customization are nice. At >5lbs it is much heavier than the others, and the hinge design looks bad IMO.

MBP: My dad just purchased this for himself. Best build quality of the bunch, Apple ecosystem integration, good battery life and great customer service. Spec-wise it is not comparable to the others as it's more an ultrabook. Touch Bar is gimmicky IMO.

Razer: Good build quality and design. I like the 'Mac' design and it really flies under the radar as far as gaming laptops are concerned. Performance is better than MBP and comparable to the other PCs. Not the best performance per dollar but arguably the best performance per inch.

Regarding Razer customer support, I would not buy directly from them as their after sales support is terrible. I used Best Buy but Amazon and Microsoft Store are both good alternatives.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
Beartato881.50