View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Shoulder problems can really be tough. I've had adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) in both shoulders, fortunately not at the same time. The first go around was a work related injury. And let me tell you, it was extremely painful. My doctor sent me to physical therapy, but the freezing and range of motion continued to get worse. I endured a manipulation, but the total frozen deal was back within a few months. Finally, my orthopedic surgeon performed arthroscopic surgery and voila, I regained 90% range of motion. All in all, I did 140 physical therapies on that shoulder alone. Years later, I did 120+ physical therapy sessions on my other shoulder and somehow avoided surgery.

Take care of your shoulders; you don't want this to happen to you. Repetitive overhead motions can set it off. That's what got me (pulling wire above false ceilings). Tennis and other such repetitive motions can also set it in motion. Takes about a year to recover. Sucks. Really sucks.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0