Saltz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarps2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBoston View Post
I closed a deal for a 2021 X5Mc ~3 weeks ago and, literally, the next day the car was put on stop sale.

I received an update yesterday that is in line with what others are posting:

Software fix (no hardware)
Should deploy at the start of the week:

This is what I received verbatim:

Promising news...I just spoke with my Service Manager. Sounds like its just going to be a software update, not a part replacement, that may be available to the techs as early as next week.

If this ends up being the case, I will probably pause my transaction by a week to take advantage of whatever additional year end incentives are rolled out.

This is my 4th BMW and 3rd M, so I wasn't really considering other brands . . . but I must admit that this pause has made me second guess whether or not I should drive some other things at or above this price range.

It would be nice if BMW added a bit of an inconvenience incentive for those of us that kept their deal despite this issue. Or, since deliveries will happen so close to December, just offer whatever year-end incentives are to those of us with pending deals.
I am feel the same way regarding other brands. My M5C has been sitting at the dealer since the 5th. The lack of official communications is mind boggling.

In speaking with a BMWNA CS, yesterday, they mentioned I would be eligible for some kind of "compensation" for being without a vehicle that was available to me. He couldn't elaborate what that would be, as it's based upon time waiting. Meaning until I get the car, they can't offer anything.
I'm in the same situation as my X5MC was delivered last week. I cut the deal with a $750 rebate back in October. Today I was emailed an offer from BMW for a $3500 rebate on X5's. Going to be some pencil sharpening at close. I agree BMW would be wise to kick something our way as loyal consumers for waiting on a product that can't be released.
Appreciate 0