Russ103
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuicyYumboYack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner10004 View Post
I'm looking for options on a convertible car seat!

I've been recommended the Diono 3qxt, but I know its so tall that my front passenger seat would have to be pushed forward a bit and limit any reclining.

Pics please!!

About 2 weeks ago for a longer drive out of town, we moved the seat to the center which gave my wife more room to move the seat back.

Somewhat related - just a reminder that the LATCH system is not supposed to be used when the baby seat is in the center in the x5. I know it seems stupid, but I see no reason to take any chances when it comes to the baby.
We just welcomed a newborn, so this is my first experience with putting a car seat in any vehicle. We bought my wife's M50i after knowing that a baby was coming. With that said, I would have NEVER thought that a baby seat behind the drivers seat would mean that I (at 6' 1")wouldn't be able to to sit in my normal driving position. So we put the seat in the middle, while stretching the straps to the max to reach the latches, which seems just as secure as on either side.

Which begs the question, the X5 isn't considered to be a small vehicle by most people, yet a baby seat doesn't fit without the driver or front passenger comprising their position. So what do people with smaller cars (many cars on the road are smaller then the X5) and babies do??

Had I known this in advance, I would have really considered the X7 M50i.
Appreciate 0