Thread: Yard freaks
View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #1241
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

here to vent but i wanted to hear your guy's opinions. my wifey thinks i really need to think about how to approach the situation without ruining any friendship i have with my neighbor. anyways not trying to be a D here but my next door neighbor whose been trying to get his lawn like mine i've been guiding him for the past 3 years on what needs to be done and his lawn finally looks great. However, the issue i'm having is i went through trial and error with my own lawn and i've invested on equipment to make the job easier since i'm on about .75 acre so having equipment for specific jobs really helps. so i spent and invested in a dethatcher, lawn aerator and a lawn sweeper. these equipment takes up alot of space in my garage but i'm fine with that as that's part of being a lawn care nut. now, my neighbor always wants to borrow my equipment and at first it was fine because i'm a good neighbor. i didn't mind for the first couple of years but this year it's like i say to myself, dude you and your wife make good money don't you think maybe you should invest in your own equipment since it's apparent you're into lawn care? i had to invest and i had to sacrifice my garage space since HOA won't allow us to have a shed in the backyard. He has yet ever mentioned about one day he will buy his own. i mean, i would feel embarrass year after year always borrowing my neighbors stuff but maybe there's people out there who don't think that?

so i'm not sure how to go about this without coming off as a D if you know what i mean? Fall is here and i already see the leaves all over the lawn and i know any day now he's gonna text me "hey, can i borrow your lawn sweeper?" just like with any equipment it takes wear and tear and i'd like my stuff to last. am i over reacting or does my neighbor have no shame when it comes to borrowing things? i appreciate any advice
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0