View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #31
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
This forum is not "super toxic" at all. If it is, it's because you started a thread insulting other's choices, while elevating your own. What do you expect?

You've deleted your original post, but you opened the post with something along the lines of "Those Euro guys made bad choices and nuked their warrantee, but I found a better option that offers a full factory warrantee"

It's also not the first time you've done it. You attacked me when I posted my Dynotune experience months ago. You argued the numbers relentlessly, belittled my choices, and then personally insulted me by insinuating I had no automotive knowledge.

In both instances..... you were called out, and then "backtracked" on your aggression, or deleted the post entirely to take the "high ground" with a statement like "just do whatever makes you happy", as if to shift the accountability to others.. when you were the one that created an opinionated and insulting thread/comment in the first place.

I've posted no less than 6 YouTube videos requested by other members. I've written at least 5 tutorials on parts installations, I've shared every experience I've had to anyone that wants to learn, and I've documented every part I've ever bought, with part numbers and the source, for anyone that is thinking about purchasing the same parts. Incidentally, I've also learned things from several other members on here as well. I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know or understand something. Humility is a strong character trait.

Yet, you're always quick to belittle my choices, and even quicker to provide a "I would have done it better" narrative... every time. I've seen you do it to other people as well.

Back in my day, we used to refer to people like that as "one-uppers":

Other than belittle people, insult people, or relentlessly argue your opinion..... what have you done to contribute to the community?

This forum isn't toxic. This forum is one of the better ones I've been a member of. You.... are the toxic one.
I am certain that I speak for many others here on this forum when I thank you for taking the time to document your modifications with vids., text, and pics. You do a great job and it is interesting to follow what you have to done to your X5. We all do things a little differently in our own lives and that is what makes us the individuals that we are.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18193.50