View Single Post
      06-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #13
kevbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i, E46 M3 track car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemony View Post
Honestly, I don't. I went to a couple of events, including a beginners course, with a mini group a couple of years ago when I had a G35 coupe. I was lamenting with a friend last night that we aren't more involved in local track groups.

I'm a little leary of road Atlanta. Those concrete walls don't seem very forgiving to beginners.

EDIT: here's an in-car video from the cayman

I completely understand your hesitency about driving at Road Atlanta with the concrete walls. They moved a few of them back a little through the S-curves when they repaved over the winter, but I still have nightmares about what might happen coming through turn 12 onto the front straight. Still though, if you focus on driving at your own pace and leave room for error, I think it's much safer than my drive to the track (I285).

I enjoyed the Cayman's video. Looks like a good track to visit - not too fast and there appears to be some room for run off it things get all wrong.

I'll be autocrossing this Sunday with the BMWCCA at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds. Stop by if you're interested in spectating. If the folks guarding the gate give you a hard time (unlikely) just tell them you are meeting me there (Kevin). If you want to ride along just bring your helmet.