View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #25
XSixxx
Dragon Slayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6 M50i, Riverside Blue

I know there's been a couple pics of the filters, but I thought I'd throw a couple up, too. Pics are always good.

I find this funny...

Also, just a quick note for those that might decide to remove these while waiting on the BMC...or slow-a$$ K&N...the removal of these is super simple and I would rate it 1/4 beer, in difficulty.

For those, also, that may not be the best at wrenching, don't be afraid of this quick mod. All you need is a Torx bit and a driver or a one-piece Torx screwdriver...and a small pry tool (I used a standard flat head screwdriver).

Start by removing the engine cover, then look for the screws holding the two pieces of the airbox together. Using your Torx driver, start backing out those screws. Note, once the initial resistance of the screw is over, it will get easier to back out UNTIL you start to feel resistance a second time. Give it one more full turn and stop. There is no need to remove the screw completely! The second resistance is it backing out of the top half of the airbox "sandwich". Backing them all the way out could lead to a lost screw. After you back out all screws, use the pry tool and work it under the edge of the charcoal filter that is snapped in place on the underside of the top half. Pop it out, and move on to the next side.

Also note, there is one PITA screw located on the driver side, front left. Its situated behind a harness plug and a bit difficult to see and get to...just FYI.

I know this mod for us gearheads is a no brainer, but as an Admin for another forum, there are always those that suffer from anxiety on these sorts of things...and are equally anxious about asking for help for fear of flaming. Every little bit helps.

Last edited by XSixxx; 01-24-2021 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 7
heeblet26.00
iconoclast7265.50
VTENGR1052.50
ed41367.50