Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Too expensive for me at that price point, lol.

I've seen 3 different ones in and around town over the past few months, though. That means they will depreciate faster than something like the Aventador (which I've been in love with for over 10 years now) so if the Urus has depreciated to less than 150k (I'm being a bit enthusiastic) then it might be an option since the X6M Comp aont be that much less once I add all the driving packages/options.

Either way, I'll be happy to be driving either car when it's time to swap out in about 2 years. Many of us have dreamed of being behind the wheel of a Lamborghini, and the X6 has inspired the Urus, which is essentially a "practical " Lamborghini that will probably depreciate into X6M territory since it's already more common than any other model lambo available(at least around here).
I am in the same boat as you as I am on my third x6. I like Urus but the problem is I think it's too expensive to maintain after the initial warranty runs out. Looks like a cool car and is the only real competitor to X6 along with the Cayenne (also significantly more expensive on an apples to apples basis). I don't consider MB as a competitor to X6 as they only copied the looks not the drive dynamics. Audi's A8 looks pretty blend.
Valid point.

Cost of ownership for the Urus will definitely be part of the decision making process when it's time to pick one. I would prefer having an X6M covered with a warranty than dealing with astronomical maintenance costs on an out of warranty Lamborghini, lol.

The GLE coupe is not an option for me either. Driving dynamics is a very important part of my choices for vehicles, and my experience with MB tells me that BMW is the superior performer, while MB may prove to be more luxurious and technologically advanced.

Just my humble opinion, of course.
aas5171.00