View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #21
jmcmathortho
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2016 M4 Vert

Another User asked me about my experience removing the plastic cover around the mirror.

The first thing I did was pull off the Rectangular Cover Above the Mirror the one with the vent slots. I pulls off fairly easily with moderate downward force. If I remember correctly from a week ago it had some metal sing clips holding it in place and did not appear like it would break those clips. Then the plastic shroud around the rear view mirror against the windshield pulls apart mid-line with moderate force, in fact I was afraid of breaking the plastic clips and was separating the edges at the top of mid-line to see where the clips could be unhooked when all of a sudden it unsnapped apart......... the 2 pieces flew out of my hands... I thought oh crap! I just broke a part on my wife's new car and I will never hear the end of it. Amazingly, with the help of the Orthopedic Gods it was not broken and I was able to photograph the pieces to show her as proof if she ever questioned my re-installation. The re-installation was pretty easy, I just lined up the plastic prongs and it snapped together. The rectangular vent then popped back in place with a firm push. I will post the photos in the regular link as this private message does not allow me to attach photos for some reason. Good Luck, JM
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
radmjk238.00
Cooltones241.00
Noneya251.50