エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
if you've stopped playing, i would kill to play the beta online :T sharing is caring you know
You're scaring me there a bit, buddy...

I'm not playing it all the time...on and off, but not racking up the number of games I see other players have played already.

The really hard thing to do is switch from Warcraft 3 to Starcraft 2, or Starcraft 2 to Warcraft 3. One is massing units (with some focus fire and move-non-attack commands), the other is really micro'ing few units and focusing fire.

In Warcraft 3 you're either worried about casters and then anti-casters, and then tier 3.
In Starcraft 2 you're thinking about what tier your enemy has reached, and if you'll need static defense yet (if so, where?).

In Warcraft 3, you may need an expansion.
In Starcraft 2, an expansion is provided for you...very near to your initial base.

In Warcraft 3, you have a unit cap before upkeep.
In Starcraft 2, you'll want as many units, as quickly as possible. There's golden colored mineral fields that count as double.

Warcraft 3 has heroes which can compliment, or make-up for, weaknesses in your units: relying on ranged units and lacking a meat shield? Get a strength based hero to make up a tank. Relying on mana-units but don't want to run out? Get an Arch Mage with Brilliance Aura. This kind of restricts you to only going up 1 of 3 possible branches of a races' tech tree.
Starcraft 2 has no heroes, but resources are more abundant and you have no upkeep. You can go crazy on the tech tree, and get all kinds of units.

All Warcraft 3 races have some kind of inherrent static defense, Orc Burrows, Human Militia, Night Elf Ancients, and Undead Blight (regeneration).
Starcraft 2 races do not have inherrent static defenses. You'll have to choose to build them at the expense of resources and slowing tech/mass units.

Warcraft 3 is a little more forgiving if you don't follow a pro's build order.
Starcraft 2 has a lot of set build orders that if you don't follow, you're susceptible to a rush.

Warcraft 3 has set paper-rock-scissors in what race beats what in 1vs1 (can obviously be made up for with skill, but mostly, Orc > UD, NE > HU, etc.), and always the same kinds of units: Human will go sorcs and rifles vs orc, NE will go Bears vs HU.
Since Starcraft 2 allows you to go crazy on the tech tree, it's not for sure what units will go vs what on a set race match up. However, as it stands, the Zealot rush is hard to stand against.

Warcraft 3 buildings are "fortified" and take less damage from all attacks except siege type.
Starcraft 2 buildings seem to get demolished too easily. Take about 16 non-upgraded Hydralisks, and focus fire on a Terran Command Center. It's destroyed in 2 volleys.
Appreciate 0