View Single Post
      12-02-2023, 02:45 PM   #114
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PO View Post
Looks who’s revising now? Were you seriously trying to use a non-hybrid variant to extrapolate how a PHEV variant would perform? I would think most reasonable people would agree that adding a PHEV element to a vehicle is a rather large change.
Prior to posting you really need to read and understand the posts that people make. Nothing has been revised as I was simply referring to the B58TU2 engine. That engine is in the 50e and has been discussed in many threads there is nothing special about it in the PHEV application. You constantly are ignoring what is posted. I have said multiple times in this thread that I'm not comparing engines, being critical of the engines, saying there are problems, etc. Of course the adding a PHEV component can have effects on the drivetrain reliably but that was not what I have ever been discussing.

You need to keep in mind that many people come to this forum for information so when there is questionable info posted it should be corrected/clarified for future readers. The original posting you replied to was very questionable in its wording and information so that is why the question to your response. Just wanted it to be clear that the S68 was in its first year of usage in the X5 M60i and only been in use a bit over a year at this point.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 12-02-2023 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0