Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5-45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Nobody will use it? Hmmm.

Even if it's the same, it means you can use your iPhone and/or Watch, rather than a smartcard.
yeah... it would have been cool if you could just have your phone in your pocket and you walk up to your car and it unlocks. Instead you have to pull it out or use faceid/touchid/apple watch password and tap it on the handle to work. Then you gotta put it on the tray to crank the engine. it's cumbersome, and doing a whole lot of extra work. hell using the digital key is easier than using the phone. I understand this is more a limitation on apple's end than BMW's but still I was excited about this feature, but now I'm just like meh too much work.

you're right, its an extra method to negotiate your vehicle. but honestly nobody here is gonna use this regularly for the amount of outrage over which MY2020 builds will get or not get this feature.
Just activated this. I don't need to unlock the phone—just hold it to the handle. It will be convenient when I've left my keys in the house—which I often do, because they're too big for my pants pocket. But, other than that, you're right—it add steps to getting rolling. The proximity key is better—if you have big pockets, or a purse.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101169.00