View Single Post
      08-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #53
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Well? Anyone else watch the fight?

My thoughts:

1) Not surprised at all by the end result, though I thought it would be done in the 8th and not the 10th. Conor gassed fast, as expected, but managed to keep it together longer than I thought. He did well in the earlier rounds until I realized that Floyd was just F'ing with him the entire time, putting in like 60% effort, and allowing Conor to think he had a chance so he'd keep pressing hard and gas. Picture perfect plan by Floyd, executed to perfection. It's like the guy has done this before....

2) What was with all the hammer fists? I don't think they did any damage but man, that was egregious.

3) Conor appeared to stun Floyd in a later round. 8th maybe? with a body shot. Then like an idiot, instead of capitalizing on it he swarmed into the clinch and started hammer fisting, causing the ref to jump in and get in the middle. That gave Floyd time to shake it off. Bad move.

4) Both men walked away un harmed and very rich. The fake rivalry can now stop and both can go bro out together.

5) I'm out my $10 buy-in for the PPV fight, had a few beers, some pizza, and walked away pretty entertained.
Appreciate 0