View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 11:02 AM   #25
osa1
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgnmpl View Post
Guys, seriously... why do you spend money for outdated system with very limited functionality, very complicated user experience if you could buy like five iPads for that price.
FYI I'm a tech junkie. My whole house is alive where everything moves and operates with the click of a button and voice. So I'm well aware of pros and cons of the tablets vs RSE that I've had for 10+ years in all my cars.

Pros:
- before the new comfort system most holders weren't crush tested.
- I have full control upfront
- on a long trip all 3 passengers (1 upfront) can watch the same movie with amazing theater quality sound
- I create a playlist that consists of a heavy educational movies in my native language with a very few disney mixed in (in the native language... my poor kids)
- "entertainment" starts with one click of a button. You turn on the screen and it starts playing automatically where left off. Great for smaller kids or short rides.
- RSE is not really limited. Plug in a Firestick and download any app or screen mirror your phone.

That being said, this last 2020 BMW RSE was a disappointment. If you decide to go RSE, either get the previous model (2017 was great) or look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0