GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
I understand what you're saying but PenFed is very clear that their rebate is available to all members. They could easily make it military only because they do differentiate military accounts and yet they give it to all members anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post

You are misunderstanding that rebate, it is not PenFed's rebate to give.
This isn't making much sense, but then the PenFed rebate has never made sense to me unless it IS PenFed's rebate to give:

* If you use BMWFS, then $500 or whatever based on their table

* If you pay cash, then $3250 or whatever based on their table

This was always available AFAIK (at some $ amount), even during USAA times, as I used it then.

It's obviously some deal between BMWNA & PenFed (negotiated for PenFed members, just like BMWCCA does for its members), and EXCLUDES BMWFS:
Special BMW Incentive offer is valid at any authorized BMW Center in the United States. Cash incentives are not applicable for vehicles leased/financed through BMW Financial Services. Member must take retail delivery January 4, 2021 - January 3, 2022. Incentive offer is subject to change without prior notice. This incentive offer is available to PenFed members. BMW requires presentation of a photo ID your BMW Manufacturer Certificate with a unique Customer ID and Offer Code. Visit the PenFed Car Buying Service to receive BMW Certificate. One incentive per member, per offer code, per calendar year for new BMW vehicles. Eligible member must be the purchaser. See your authorized BMW Center for complete program details.
In other words, it appears that IT IS PenFed's rebate to give!

That is, PenFed has negotiated a rebate with BMWNA for their customer members (why? To boost high $ members!) ... and BMWNA has pushed it down to the dealers via their franchise agreement.

You must be a PenFed member - if so, you get the negotiated PenFed rebate per BMWNA:

Per that 2nd to last line, the dealership is submitting a claim to PenFed for payment (i.e., the RDR is when the dealer informs BMWNA that a vehicle has been officially sold)

Last edited by GrussGott; 09-04-2021 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0