View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 11:18 AM   #6
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvd183 View Post
Ah Okay when i bought my 40e i did have the same problem. Nobody has a good explanation about how to use the car. Dealers only sell and repair the cars.... I did even put everything in excel to check...
But :
In the books for the 40e: 30km real life 20-21km but when the temp is +17°C. When it getting colder like today +3°C then it drops to 16-17 km.
So when i did order the 45e it was hoping on 60-70 out of the 80 or 90 they say. But if i hear correctly it only 50.... bummer.

Also always use the pre-condition of the batteries. I do this also every morning. So pre-heating the cabin and pre-conditioning the batteries.
Takes 10% off the capacity but when connected to the wall it takes about 30 min to reach 100% again of the batteries.
So i go to the city after bread around 7u15 -> preconditions starts at 6u40. I did have this also from people who drives an i3.
On the picture the settings in the connecteddrive app.

Also keep on mind the ranges are also averages like fuel consumptions.
They become better on time. Also i did drive about 120K with my 40e and the numbers are steady on the one i did say.
Agree 100%. The lack of knowledge and information is just frustrating when it comes down to optimize car use when driving in hybrid mode. It has been one month of trial and error for me.

I wish someone could tell me how to get it towards 60-70km range but after a month 50-55km is for me the real range. Dealer sees same range.
Appreciate 0