Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
ISTA 4.20.30 is available in the US. This is a November 2019 update, possibly the 11/2019.30 others have reported. It's more likely your dealer hasn't taken the time to download the latest update. In some cases dealers hold off because these iStep level updates have had their fair share of problems. Some dealers prefer to wait it out a bit before they commit to the latest version.
Thanks for the info. That’s probably the case. Honestly, 07/2019 seems to be working and running smooth. Unless there’s some huge feature added or fix like the camera handoff from R to D, I’m holding off. Just comes down to BMW releasing some notes. 07/2019 didn’t have release notes, so whether it was laziness on BMW’s behalf or only bug fixes, it seems like it’s not worth the energy or time to go down and beg for an update.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the ISTA info? I’m clueless on that, but was wondering if it includes any pertinent info. Thanks.
BMW has historically not released notes with version updates. Even dealers struggle to get a list of fixes and they typically learn of software fixes through PUMA/TSARA cases they open.

It's only via the remote software update feature in iDrive 7 that BMW has sent written release notes. And even those are highly filtered so as not to reveal any more than they want customers in the field to know.

Check coding forums to see details on ISTA releases. Again, you won't find release notes.