Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetriangle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPuitG View Post
Quote:
+1

The instant torque makes it so smooth, especially when moving from standstill, that you really notice when you go back to a conventional ICE. Honestly I wouldn't swap it for any other engine in the range.

I spend almost all of the time in electric only. Combined with lockdown, I'm now worried about whether the fuel in the tank is going to spoil - I've still got a quarter of the full tank that the car was delivered with in early December.
I now noticed that when driving full electric and you want some instant power, sliding the transmission into sport mode instantly starts the engine and the fun begins.
This is nice because i mostly drive in full electric mode because hyrbid requires a lot of right foot control, but occasionally you want power fast and switching drive modes requires more attention than hitting the lever to the left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPuitG View Post
Quote:
+1

The instant torque makes it so smooth, especially when moving from standstill, that you really notice when you go back to a conventional ICE. Honestly I wouldn't swap it for any other engine in the range.

I spend almost all of the time in electric only. Combined with lockdown, I'm now worried about whether the fuel in the tank is going to spoil - I've still got a quarter of the full tank that the car was delivered with in early December.
I now noticed that when driving full electric and you want some instant power, sliding the transmission into sport mode instantly starts the engine and the fun begins.
This is nice because i mostly drive in full electric mode because hyrbid requires a lot of right foot control, but occasionally you want power fast and switching drive modes requires more attention than hitting the lever to the left.
Yes I find hybrid quite frustrating at times, too easy to accidentally switch the engine on.

Pulling either gear change lever on the steering wheel will also start the engine.
If you put in electric or electric individual it stay all electric longer before switching the ICE on. You can go up to 40% of power in stead of 30% in hybride and it kind of hangs around 40% before turning on the ICE. This makes it easier to drive all electric. On the highway it will drive 130 km/h on electric in electric mode but just 110 in hybrid.
Appreciate 0