premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
I had over 75% gain on BA earlier this week, I bought it sometime last week or two weeks ago. I didn't sell any because of how much of the tax I'd have to pay. However, I think it'd be more than that if I kept it for at least a year, making a quick buck isn't what I am looking for right now unless I had other investments insight.
I am a noob so excuse my questions. BA is Boeing right? I lost $500 on BA (Boeing) over the past five days and sold it off. I do not see any gains for BA over the past week. What am I missing? Just trying to learn.
Sorry for coming off in a negative way, but did you really just buy a stock using a ticker symbol 'BA' without even knowing what you bought? Clearly it says Boeing all over when you put BA.

Anyways, stock prices went down, you lost money. If it goes up you make money. Not that hard of a concept. You never 'truly' gain or lose until you sell. Should've just held it, BA is not a short term stock to play right now, too risky.

EDIT: you probably just used Boeing on the search to purchase. BA is the ticker symbol for the company to identify it in the stock market.
Appreciate 1
tigermack477.50