View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #36
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmaverick View Post
My 2020 X5 M50 is doing the exact same thing. Started 6 weeks ago, complained to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong...told me to let the vehicle cool off for 15 when I start the car. (Hell no.) Weeks later it started happening again and didn't correct itself in 3 days so I took it back in and they kept it for 2 hours then told me they needed to order a compressor. It arrived weeks later, took it in and they kept my vehicle for 6 days. Just today they let me know that the compressor replacement wasn't approved by BMW and they did a "software update." This was today so I don't know if this fixed it or not. Couldn't be more pissed off about having intermittent A/C in the middle of the summer!
Imagine me when my AC failed completely on my 6 day old X5M for 6-7 weeks from June into July. Interesting that they are trying to fix it via software instead of replacing the compressor. I everything my tech told me it was a mechanical issue with the AC compressor itself so i can't see how software could fix it.

Keep us posted.

Alan