View Single Post
      08-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
In disappointment of the news that the Fi and all other 19" BBS wheels currently do not clear the CCM, I reached out to the President of BBS America (whom I met when my car was featured in their stand at Bimmerfest East '13) to get any info. Here's the email response;

Hello Tim,

I hope that you are doing well. Sorry for the late reply.

I was recently in Germany and also in Japan, the new M3/M4 was an important topic on our list. I had a chance to play with a new M4 about 2 weeks before going to Germany. We have the car pretty well figured out, but the Ceramic brake is an issue for any of our current 19" wheels.

The OE 19" wheel is a VERY tight fit over the Ceramic system. The car we test fitted had the standard brakes, but we do have data about the ceramic system.

The wheels from the E90's will fit on the front if the car has standard brakes, but the rear of the new car needs a higher offset wheel. We will be making all new wheels for the new car. We will make something special for this car, it is very important for us. We are planning 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rear since they are very good for 275 front and 295 rear tires. The car could take 10's front and 11's rear, but with coil over suspension, it might get very tight and require additional camber, etc, so there is really not an advantage in the end.

We are thinking about making a limited edition run of some very unique wheels for the M3/M4. We have talked with the Motorsport Department in Germany and also the group in Japan about it. I would like to talk to you about it since you are certainly in the high end zone of the M3/M4 owners. Please try me on my cell phone when you get a chance. I saw that I missed a call from you earlier today. I wanted to provide you some information by email first and then maybe we can talk on the phone when you have a chance. I'm available up to at least 10pm every night.

Take care,

Xxxxxxx

I found this as a very informative and exciting response. I'll keep everyone informed if I get any type of new info.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0