Originally Posted by InTheseUncertainTimes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by messishine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC84 View Post
30 mile range?!
I thought the 45e in Europe has at least 50-60 miles range???

Unless it's kilometers and I remembered it wrong??
The maximal displayed range I have seen with full charge was 92 km. The realistic real range is around 70 km (40-45 miles). Worse in low temperatures. For most people this is enough going to work and returning.

Charging is still 3,7 kw. So 10 hours on standard 220V to fully charge.
Still takes 10 hours to charge this puny battery? Does anyone know in the US if it'll charge faster on a 240V outlet like Teslas do? Teslas can charge like 30 miles per hour of charge.
Charging on a dedicated charger is around 7 hours (3,7 Kw, single fase max). On a household plug with the BMW included home charger it's 2,3 Kw max so around 10 hours on 220V. The Tesla can handle 11Kw 3 fase 220V if available with a dedicated charger, charging times will be much better.

From my experience 10h is not a problem. I charge it overnight and leave fully charged in the morning. Plugging in at the mall or somewhere else for one hour is only useful when it gives you acces to a better parking spot. Not for the battery charge it self.

The Audi Q7 etron has a 7,2 Kw onboard charger. I don't know why bmw didn't install a better one.
Appreciate 0