05-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #60
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
I got my VIN Today

Check my BMW website, and got my VIN today on my 2020 Mineral White X5M Competition, with Orange interior. I place my order in April. My last 7 are 9D21282.
Do anyone know how long it takes after production start till vehicle is ready ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Have you considered just buying one of the HEA cars in MBB? As you probably know, there are about 35+ out there for sale on Autotrader. Your build is obviously different (AL CL vs CF and SS vs Blk). Given the uncertainty about timing on my build over the last couple months, I’ve certainly considered just buying one of the HEA cars, but I just can’t bring myself to give up on the SS interior...that’s really the only difference from my build. It’s not that I don’t like black interiors - it’s that I’ve had black in my last 3 cars and just want to change it up. I’m continuing to hold out...hopefully production doesn’t get pushed out any further.

Good luck on yours. It is strange that they haven’t assigned you a production number yet (if that is still the case). I haven’t specially ordered a BMW before this so I don’t know the process as well as others, but I thought all allocations have a specific/unique production number.
Appreciate 0