Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 X4 M40i / '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
'24 X5 M60i  [0.00]
'22 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo580 View Post
I was hoping someone else is in my situation. I ordered a 2016 M4 in June with a July allocation and have been checking up with my dealer every week on any new updates. This Friday he said that the car just went into production (Being built). So my question is... Should I have a production number and a VIN? I want to try and track the car as it comes over here so trying to get as much info as possible. If I call BMW of Canada will they have any info on my car?

Thanks!

The production week for my car was set to be week #28 (ordered on June 4 for July production). You should ask BMW Canada for the VIN, they should have it by now.

I received the production number from my dealer about a week after the order and used it when talking to BMW Canada. They said no VIN available about two weeks ago, but during the same phone call the CSR eventually found it and shared it with me. My understanding is that production week shows the week when the car is finished, not when the production starts.

Once you get the VIN, keep checking http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html, my car appeared there on the day the production was finished (July 8).

Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the wait.
Appreciate 0