View Single Post
      12-29-2021, 07:58 AM   #230
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemazch View Post
I am thinking of getting an X1 or X2. I have read this entire 11 pages, but did not see anyone mentioned this. I understand as long as I am with PenFed for 60 days, I can generate the BMW code. I read people were able to use it even if they are not military (I am not). But I saw this sentence on the PenFed BMW offer webpage https://penfed.truecar.com/oem/landing/bmw/
"Eligible military member must be the purchaser."
Was this sentence added somewhere in the middle of 2021 (around Sept.)? If BMW sales person pointed this sentence out to me, then I have no way to argue...
Any thoughts on this? Thanks, and Happy 2022!
That sentence has always been there. There actually is no such thing as the PenFed incentive, it is just one of the ways to obtain the BMW Domestic Military incentive. One of the qualifying criteria is to be a USAA or PenFed member for 60 days, you do not need to be affiliated with the military to use it. It is meant for them but non-military PenFed members are eligible, it is up to them whether that want to take advantage of the loophole or not.

Edit: As far as your question goes about the dealer asking, that won't happen. You are using the domestic military incentive and just that fact that you have the certificate with your name on it shows that you are eligible for it. If you haven't already, just let them know that you will be using the incentive and you will be fine.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 12-29-2021 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0