Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
BMW, like MB, Audi, VW and Porsche are building and selling what US buyers want; SUVs and SAVs.
And they will continue to build performance vehicles like the M3 CS for niche buyers like us. Because we want them , we drive brand awareness and loyalty , and then we buy their SUV's for normal duty for our family's.
Seeing how the F80 CS sold, I highly doubt they'll continue the CS with the G80.
They sold all 1200 units and I think made healthy profit. Some paid MSRP, some paid mid 80s. Some like me paid in middle. Regardless they built a fantastic limited edition niche car and made money. Perhaps more importantly they pulled a guy like me away from American muscle and made a first time BMW buyer a fan of the brand.
Some paid MSRP and most paid low 80's for a LEASE. BMW initially released this as a collector car since they didn't even allow learning until they saw all their units sitting on dealer floors.

When you value a car at six figures then have to discount it 20-30% AND lease it out, I wouldn't call that a success. The CS is about 30k more than the base but sells for nearly the same price on the used car market.
Well neither one of us knows what 1200 people actually paid and who leased and who bought. Very few are on forums and even fewer state what they paid. I remember all the bashing about the price on the CS when it was released. Especially by those that did not have one.

If you paid low 90s like I did then you paid about 15 K over a F80 comp. If we are to believe the people that have actually tracked both cars the power and handling differences between a comp and the CS is significant. Plus you got over $15k worth of factory installed carbon and unique lightweight wheels . So I maintain it was not a bad value. I do not lease cars as I feel financially it does not make sense for me. I buy and keep my weekend cars for 5-10 years. With that said, my point was not the value of a CS but that halo specialty cars have a positive impact on selling the rest of the brand's models.
Appreciate 1