11-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #19
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Audi's pricing is generally more competetive...

Borrowing a car is a different story. Try a private bank?

The idea of leasing doesn't make sense to me though, I can't see why someone would do it unless they wanted to drive a car they couldn't afford. You pay monthly to use something you don't own, ans have nothing to show for it at the end... Financing or buying just makes much more sense IMHO.
You're not paying nearly as much into it though.

Lease depreciating assets, buy appreciating assets. I completely agree with the post above this one. I think it's true a lot of people walk into the dealer with a < $400/mo budget and get talked into a lease. That's bad, and ultimately their own fault for not knowing how something works before signing the papers. By the same token, buying out a lease almost never makes sense either.

Knowing how leasing works and understanding the concept is different though. Granted, it's not for everyone - if you can't stay within the mileage allotments (drive well under 10k or well over 15k per year), want the flexibility of modding your ride, or plan on absolutely keeping the car for long after it's paid off, financing is the best option. If you don't want to dive into modding, can stay within the mileage, and want a new car every few years, why not lease. It's less out of pocket cost, and you can switch it up every few years.

Again, just my opinion. Not trying to force it upon anyone - everyone's thinking and financial situation is different.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0