View Single Post
      02-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
drilling
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda CRV & BMW X5

Some thoughts about luxury seating package and x3

Went to a dealership. Had a chance to try luxury seating package. Here are some thoughts.

The X5 was canadian car equipped with premium excellence package thus Merino Leather with ventilated and massage seat.

1) Massage function was great. Not as great as 10k + massage chair but still very nice function to have during a long drive. Lots of massaging options to choose from.

2) Ventilated seat was bit of a disappointment. I turned on to the highest setting but barely felt any air. Maybe because the car was in dealership and it is in power savin mode?

3) Seat cushion definitely felt little more firm than regular comfort seat, probably because of massaging/ventilation hardware.

Tried a G01 X3 next to it. It always disappoints me how X3 feels very cheap compared to X5. Lots of hard plastics in X3 and especially the plastics used in air vents feel very very cheap (and with visible parting lines). I have to say X5 is definitely two steps above X3 in terms of material quality and etc.

Btw, the X5 in showroom had a cargo floor that didnt fit perfectly. Is there some sort of QC problem at Spartanburg?

Generally the more I see X5, the more I feel I made the right choice to a point I want to sleep in my car Just wanted to share some thoughts while chilling in BMW dealership for 3 hours like some sort of a homeless dude. I sure did dress like one since none of the dealers even bothered acknowledging me haha.
Appreciate 1
1230vani650.00