04-09-2024, 10:55 AM   #11
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
It's also worth nothing that the HP ratings on the SQ7 and the M50I are... Cautious. SQ7s typically Dyno out in the 470-480whp range, so they make a bit more than the 500hp they're rated at. The M50i puts down like 520 wheel, meaning it's closer to 600 crank, vs the 520 BMW rates it at.

There's nothing to feel bad about not being able or willing to go buy a brand new X5MC. Most of the people that get them can't really afford them either.

The bigger issue is the reliability. All of these are expensive cars, with expensive parts, and absurdly expensive labor. BMW and Audi aren't exactly known for reliability either, other than reliably needing lots of little bits all the time.

That's why I recommended the explorer ST. Lower price point means you can get a better one and not have to budget for thousands of dollars in repairs. My M50i needed 4 hours of suspension reprogramming last week. Paying for that out pocket would suck, especially now that they can push OTA updates that break other things, and you're stuck laying for it.
Those are all great points. I would think about an aftermarket warranty, but wouldn't want to pay a whole pile for one either. I can usually afford to fix anything that comes up...as long as it's not something catastrophic. I'm only looking at vehicles with regular oil changes and maintenance in their history. Thanks again for the feedback.
Appreciate 0