View Single Post
      07-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #15
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
People make dumb upgrades they can't use all the time on the car. Brakes could easily just be for bling purposes or maybe he wants a feather-touch to stop the car for traffic lights. There are a million explanations that don't involve going to the track. But here's the thing: that doesn't matter because it's not up to the owner to prove he was innocent, it's up to the dealer to prove he's guilty. They have to show SPECIFICALLY why the aftermarket parts in question caused the failure in order to void the warranty. All they have is a totally unsupported hypothesis which you shouldn't even have to deny. The lawyer will handle all of it.
The thing is also, they have an argument, I'm fairly sure they can prove easily he tracks his car causing the transmission failure.

Plain and simple. He'll pay more lawyer fees then the actual cost of replacement of the transmission. He can take it to court but I'm fairly sure audi would win this one. All they have to do is check the brake usage and vehicles ECU or whatever audi uses to check out what happened before it failed.

Either way, he now has to pay out of pocket, and audi has a full theory and evidence that his modifications were for the track.
Appreciate 0