View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 11:47 AM   #33
bbal
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 E46M3, 10 E93, 17 F85

In my defense it’s my wife’s car and the 20-30 less miles she will get on a tank on the new one will just be a bit more of a pain. It's a trip to the gas station every 3 days. Yes it's not a huge deal. Just pointing out that I don't think it's consistent with most of BMWs recent advancements. 5-6 years newer technology, less mpg for a marginal increase in (by the numbers anyway) performance. It only gets a 250 mile range to begin with the way she drives. Every time I get in it to go somewhere it’s out of gas Also, you misread...did not say I don't care about planet shitting. "It’s not about the gas $. It’s about more frequent fill ups (even a smaller tank I believe), and not feeling quite so bad about planet shi**ing." We all have our carbon footprint that we justify. I've only made "multiple posts about mpg" to reply to the posts pointing out that I shouldn't be curious about or give a damn about the mpg. It's our family truckster, so I was simply hoping for a bit better range on the new one...either by better technology or larger tank. I suppose there's the M50 that would be close to our current F85, but there's no sakhir interior option for it...

Last edited by bbal; 12-14-2019 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 1