fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Most swap the CCBs for steels when tracking. Even the Porsche guys, due to cost of replacement. CCBs are actually better for the street because they last significantly longer and no brake dust.

If the X5M has CCBs, they'd probably average 80k miles before replacement. So most initial owners would never replace brakes.

The off-road comment does make sense though because CCBs are much less durable and can easily crack from road debris.
I'm sorry. Not buying the offroad excuse. Nobody takes an X5M offroading. I think BMW is trying to make an excuse for not offering it. These trucks weigh alot, and those ceramics resist fade much better. They were AMAZING on my Cayenne Turbo S. I would spend the $9k on them without a moment's hesitation.
Yeah I have them on my 991TTS. They are phenomenal in every way. I was saying CCBs for off-roading aren't recommended because of their durability vs steels. I didn't say owners will take the X5M off-roading.

They do advertise the X5 with off-road capabilities so maybe for liability reasons? Who knows.