Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
We have a sophomore at UCF, so we know the Orlando area well. She is disappointed she hasn't seen a gator in the wild yet lol. Signs everywhere.

At Torrey Pines this past summer they had a rattlesnake problem on the pathways to the ocean, hence the golf carts.

Our place in Carlsbad was nearly destroyed by the California wildfires and the Santa Ana winds in 1997.

Just need to be careful.

Your X5 made 2 trips to FL and only has 2500 miles. How is that possible?
It's the same here in PA with black bears. They are everywhere but few see them. As a hunter I have had some close calls and see their signs all the time in very residential areas. Most don't know how common they are until they start feeding the birds in spring and then all of a sudden they have a "bear problem".

My X5 lives a very pampered life as my luxury/trip vehicle so it doesn't see a lot of everyday miles. I have lots of vehicles for different purposes that spreads out my yearly driving. I also retired early so no need to commute to anything other than fun hobbies.
It's a big reason why I buy all my cars outright. Currently my X5 is over 5k+ miles now from returning.
MystroX5, I know you complain about the DC roads during your periodic trips to Florida, so I paid attention to the road quality during our just completed visit. I'm assuming you use the Maryland side of the beltway/495. I suggest you try the Virginia side on your next visit. The road quality is excellent, there is no toll and your wife will have an opportunity to spend a few hours shipping at Tysons Corner, a win-win-win.
Appreciate 0