View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #60
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_CC View Post
I bet almost all X5s have this. I think it takes a certain person who hears it, is annoyed by it enough to take it in, and pushes the dealership to really look into it and provide a specific enough account of it to allow BMW to track it.

I've honestly given up on all the noises in this car. I just keep the radio on to maintain my sanity. I really hate taking a car to the dealer to fix squeaks and rattles because I feel like they just roll their eyes and don't try very hard, eager to just conclude they "could not reproduce" and move on to cars that are actually broken. Which really goes back to my first point... it takes a certain person to really hear it and appreciate the annoyance of it.

Thank you for taking the time giving up your new X5 to at least create some awareness of that specific issue. I heard it very early after I got my X5, knew it was something deep and probably difficult to fix, yet took it in anyway — where the dealer "could not reproduce" and instead installed a software update that bricked my car for 3 weeks. Leading to me giving up....
I get your point to an extent, but if my memory serves me, RADMJK, posted a video of this creak ... it's pretty severe. It's definitely not one of those sounds that only an OCD type person would notice. It sounds like the car is being twisted every time they go over a bump.
Appreciate 0