United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
ACs FFB is very good, but there's a reason why every thread about ACs FFB has a comparison to rFactor 2. The new rFactor 2 tire model that came out last month is out-freaking-rageous, no sim on the market is even in the same decade on tires at this point. Not sure how long it's been since you put some time into rF2 but over the past 6 months there have been some massive changes and it is now pretty widely regarded as benchmark in the sim racing community.
So I installed the update last night and played for about an hour. Cars drive fine, but you still can't feel the road through the wheel. It makes the tracks feel as if they are all perfectly flat and you really have to guess what the car is doing. I set FFB smoothing to 0 and played around with the multiplier and all it did was make the wheel harder/softer to turn. Just not really feeling it.

When have you last played Assetto Corsa? Do you have the dream pack? The Nordschleife is utterly fantastic and running that track alone has been the best driving sim experience for me. Whenever I watch Nurburgring videos on Youtube, I feel like I know every inch of that track. Like I've experienced driving thousands of laps on it in real life.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0