View Single Post
      02-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger///M3 View Post
By the way, I love both of the cars that you own and am a big Porsche fan. But, even so, I know that the M3 could easily take the Cayman S for the same price
Thanks, but according to my research that is not true, at least not on most tracks. If it were, perhaps I would have bought the M3. If you are talking about luxury GT's with 4 person capability, then OK I see your point (but I'd rather buy a slightly used 997).

Now I'm posting this not to argue, my feelings on the M3 are very well known. I'm posting this for the guy coming along doing research on how to spend his $50-$70K on a sports car that perhaps has the C6, M3, Cayman S, etc... on his radar.

Also note that "theoretically" we all bow to the GT-R, which was my long term desire until recently, and may become my desire again in a year or so with the V-Spec.

Top Gear, Jan 08:

QUOTE:

"A day spent nailing the pair (M3 & CS) around the Downs, coming up with the same conclusion at every corner. The Cayman is te one that'll take you around it, flat and full of confidence, while the M3, even more than the RS4, is the one that'll roll a bit and probably have warranted a dab of the brakes beforehand anyway"

"In a straight squirt, the Cayman pulls away too, but in those corners, short of a level of heroics this road tester readily admits to lacking, it leaves the M3 at an apparent standstill"

"On Britain's tricky B-Roads, the Cayman leaves the M3 for dead. Just as you'd expect"

"In every imaginable respect, the Porsche is a superior sports car"

"There's a point that needs stressing: 4 seats do not make the M3 exempt form a Porsche-shaped shafting"
END of QUOTE

BTW, I've discovered through my research the Cayman has a couple of track problems of its own...thankfully they are easily fixed.

Last edited by sdiver68; 02-23-2008 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0