View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #29
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrubyu View Post
I am currently dealing with the exact same issue with my G05 (X5 50). I noticed a large puddle of yellow fluid on my garage floor. I purchased the vehicle at Niello BMW of Elk Grove. My production date was November 2018, Spartanburg Plant. I was just notified today by the dealer that both Inter Coolers need to be replaced. They have not said anything about replacing the Radiator. I am concerned what other internal damage this may have caused.
I'm not worried about anything else or potential. The concern the engineer stated was the material the inter cooler and radiator's are made out of is much more susceptible to corrosion than on the motor/turbo side. They only replaced those as a precaution and the fluid was the failure. I did end up doing a bit more search on this and believe the fluid mixture is NOT the same as typical cooling due to the nature of turbo heat and that is what they are cooling. There is two separate cooling systems on the 50i. Your standard engine cooling and the turbo or aux cooling. The aux fluid is a completely different mixture according the engineer who I spoke too. Knowing this I have no concern over any future issues but also have a case number now to reference say Turbo failure due to overheating.... or something like that.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0