View Single Post
      09-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto...every BMW I've owned..going back to my 1985 325e...the driver's door could not be locked when it was opened. It indeed is a anti-lockout feature that BMW has incorporated for decades.

But with remote keys and especially Comfort Access...how is the scenario in the original post even an issue. Using CA or the remote accomplishes the same thing...plus you have the added safety that you haven't locked your key/remote inside the vehicle.

If the original scenario is preferred by the OP...then instead of the driver locking the door using the interior central locking button...allow the passenger to do it. All the car doors will lock when using the central locking button when the driver's door is closed regardless if any of the passenger doors are opened.

There's another caveat using the interior central locking button and that is the car's DWA (anti-theft alarm siren) system is NOT activated using the interior lock button. DWA is only activated when the vehicle is locked from outside using the remote fob, comfort access, or by manually locking the driver's door with the remote's integrated metal key blade using the exterior lock cylinder. This is verified by the illumination of the red status LED (clown nose) below the interior rear view mirror.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0