First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
that actually would be fantastic if you could use carplay for the audio and still use the stock system for the rest of the stuff. idk im excited to play with it whenever we get it. But I still like the 'tiles' in the idrive display that show artist/track information from their native player. I've gotten so used to it on our F15 and even though the interface is now older compared to this new one, my friends still comment on how good it looks in our F15.

So the "wifi hotspot' in the G05 is basically a LAN network right? Can you use the personal hotspot feature of your phone to have WAN wi-fi or does it not work like that? I mean i guess that wouldn't even really matter because if you're connected to CarPlay that subsumes your iphone is already connected to your data plan anyway...

I hope I get a good grasp of all of this before delivery because I doubt the dealer or spartanburg will have the patience to have all of this carefully explained and set up for us
Not to nitpick, but the WiFi hotspot would technically be a WAN

From what I've gathered, your iPhone can still connect via WiFi and use LTE/Wireless data for streaming services. How it does that, IDK.

I think the delivery team in Spartenburg will be very patient and informative. They will help you set up all your profiles and everything. I'm looking forward to the PCD because it really sounds like they give you the white glove treatment.
technically, the built in hotspot is on the Cars LAN, the modem in the car connects to a WAN. To be accurate.
Appreciate 2
thereef5101163.00
gpitts247.00