Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
It's North America in general as Canadians are turning to SUV's as well. I've been a car guy my entire life as my 2020 X3M is the first SUV or truck I've owned in almost 30 years of driving but I can understand why the general population likes these things at least in my part of the world where there's a lot of snow and the roads are crap. That said even a tricked out SUV like X3M does not replace a well sorted car when it comes to driving pleasure so I will still be buying cars in the future.
My father recently got a Macan S after driving sedans his entire life. The Boxster/Cayman were too difficult for him to get in and out of and the Panamera is too expensive. Macan is all that was left from Porsche at a reasonable price point. It drives well for a CUV but definitely not as fun as a car that sits lower.

I wish they'd make a mid-size sedan slotted below the Panamera.
IIRC, Porsche did plan a mid-size sedan to compete with the 5/E/A6. Since it has not come to fruition, maybe Porsche saw the decline of car sales and shelved it? It's a shame, I think such a product, priced from 60-90k, would have been a good seller for Porsche.
Germanauto9665.50