View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #59
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I drive the same route to the train every day. It's 2 lanes for 1 mile, then 1 lane for 16 miles , then 2 lanes for 4 miles, then reverse coming home. There really isn't an alternate route that's not a million miles out of the way.

Usually I am the most mellow driver out there, people don't bother me and I am not usually in a hurry, but just seeing this one "Volvo lady" or her car's lights in the distance absolutely turns me into Satan. Unfortunately she takes the same 2 trains as I do and must live in my area. I've alternated my time by +/- a few minutes to avoid her, but I am stuck behind her at least 3 days a week.

Where it's two lanes she will drive recklessly to cut everybody off so she can be in front of the line. But then she slows down to 5-10 MPH UNDER the 45 MPH speed limit. She has a daily "parade" backed up at least 20 cars long but it's crystal clear in front of her.

The 1 lane 16 mile stretch is a no-passing zone, but I've passed her anyway (she accelerated but I figured she would and was ready). I figure it's 4 points for passing but it's also 4 points for tailgating, so I take my chance when I can do it relative safely. I know it's stupid, but I'm telling you, she gets me so when I am stuck behind her! I don't take her personally because there's no way she knows every car I drive, and she always drives the same way.

I'm torn between:
a). trying to get over my anger towards her and just ignore her and find my Zen (I've been trying for 6 years, no kidding)
b). cutting her off into a ditch laugh and giving her the finger
c). confronting her at the train station with something like "I'm sure you're a nice person, but you drive like a dick" and see how that goes.

Any suggestions for me if you've made it this far?

~~~~~5 years later update~~~~

I quoted my original post so you don't have to go back to the beginning again

Thanks to getting this off of my chest and getting all of the helpful hints here, I've been following her peacefully for 5 years and just letting her do her stupid thing and not letting her bother me at all.

In December we had an apartment for rent. One of the best candidates was this really nice woman woman that called about it for her daughter who was moving back to the area, so we scheduled an appointment.

Yup. That FN Volvo pulled into my driveway! I was again very thankful to all of you guys for my 5 year Zen while I follow her (and also that I have a different bunch of cars than the ones I used to terrorize her with. )

Her daughter is now our tenant, I talk to her on the train and we refer to her now as "Trish, the Volvo Lady"

I'll still never tell her that I was that guy road raging and passing her on double lines though. Or car-pool with her.

Funny how life is.
upstatedoc7567.50
Salty Dog3574.50
MKSixer34188.50
DieselOG1675.50
Red Bread4465.00
SherM4n630.00
Shredicus529.00
DETRoadster11466.50
wdb4738.00
EricVR4603.50
alex23642908.00