re2gie01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGNP85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
I was browsing in the dealership on Tuesday and saw this car in the showroom. I couldn't resist and traded in my G30 540i and collected the X6 the following morning!

The spec was pretty much exactly as I would have configured one for myself, except I would not have optioned the glowing grille and I may have added the lighting package. I have a black grille on order so will get that changed over when it arrives. I have also de-badged the rear since I took these pictures.

The spec:

Mineral White
Tacora Red Leather
Alu. Tetragon
21" style 741 M alloys
Tech Pack - HUD, display key, park assist+, drive recorder(?)
Comfort Pack - comfort access, comfort seats, cup warmer/cooler, heated front & rear seats
Harmon Kardon
Privacy glass
Iconic glow kidney grille
4 Zone climate control
Crafted Clarity interior elements
Skylounge panoramic sunroof
M Sport Exhaust
M Sport Brakes
Adaptive 2 axle air suspension
Adaptive LED headlights with HBA

Congrats on your purchase. It is a beautiful car . My lease is up on my X4 later this year and I plan to get the X6. I am struggling between deciding on the 40i or M50i. I have only test driven the M50i. I love the performance offered with the V8 but it comes with increased cost (it is an 11K difference on my M50i build vs my 40i build with the exact same spec). There is also increased fuel consumption with the V8 as well. My brain tells me to get the 40i but I am wonder if there is enough power there to have the heavy X6 feel "quick"? I plan on getting the car with DHP as well. If the 40i is underpowered for a car of this size and weight then I am willing to spend the extra cash for the V8. I would love to hear your input.
You should test drive them back to back. There is an obvious difference! I've had a 640i Gran coupe for the last two years. It's a heavy vehicle and the v6 is adequate but you feel the weight of the car. It's my only complaint against a great vehicle!!

The v6 version of the x6 is the same way, it's adequate, but you still feel how heavy the car is. With the M50i, acceleration is effortless.
Appreciate 0