Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyGit View Post
I've read that the UK car does have differences to it's speed limit and no-overtaking detection, variable distance on the adaptive cruise control, and better lane controls linked to the satnav
I'm sure there a minor differences but in general the features are consistent from MY20 to MY21. I get updates via BMW PressClub Global and attempt to post releases when available.

Adaptive cruise control with distance control functions the same across US & UK - with 4 preset distance settings. Speed limit control is consistent across US/UK with differences with round-abouts since there's not many in the US. Lane controls and showing work zones etc are consistent across US/UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyGit View Post
Additionally I believe the MY 2021 includes more options for remotely setting seat heating etc, and the eDrive facility for driving in European low emissions zones.
Remote start and climatization for requested departure time is all there, with seat heating, ventilation if optioned with Luxury Seating Package.

I'm not familiar with eDrive facility since the 45e is just launching in the USA. I'll have the technical documentation available a bit later.

I'm sure our UK and EU forum members will chime in to assist with your inquiries. Cheers and welcome.
Remote start is not available on the 45e. But it is not necessary either. You can start the airconditioning remotely because it is powered by the HV battery.

I don't think remote start is available on other engines either. I think it is not legally allowed in Europe. Some do have the OEM additional heather that can be switched on remotely. Not necessary on the 45e either because of electric heating.

Just make sure there is enough battery charge left.

The adaptive CC features mentioned in the press release I posted are not completely clear to me. I already have lane suggestion when navigating. Adaptive distance control seems to be something new.
Appreciate 0