Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I'd really like to see a dyno numbers. Without those we are going off of programed numbers not actually rated numbers. BMW uses RPM and Throttle input to give you the dash view (it's all math). Looking forward to a dyno run!!!
Tell me about it. Publishing crank horsepower numbers is so lame it's beyond comprehension. Also, it speaks to how dumb they think their customer base is. It's understandable for manufacturers to use those numbers since, in most cases, they built the motor.

If he were selling ported heads and forged internal packages, where an engine would be OUT of the vehicle while R&D was being performed, it would make total sense. But...I'd bet there is a better chance that this tune was created while sitting on the toilet bowl than there was a chance that any motor was ever removed and put on a testing stand for this tune.

Then the question comes as to why AWHP numbers aren't given. If these numbers are to be trusted, we'd like to believe that they weren't tested on a butt-dyno when being used on $120k vehicles, but rather on a chassis dyno which would give an ACTUAL HP number rather than an estimated crank number. So why not publish those numbers? Or BOTH.

Sorry for the rant. Don't want to overshadow how amazing these trucks are and how awesome it is to be able to get so much extra HP for so cheap. So regardless of what HP numbers are published, thanks need to be given to Carbahn and the rest of the tuning community for making it possible.
This is the same game Dinan plays. Or at least use to, I haven't checked in a while. Sounds like we found the originator. They claimed like 530 hp for their F80 tune, at the crank. In the small print they say the engine really puts out 475 at the crank, so the actual increase was no more than a typical jb4 map 1.