12-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #113
chrisk03
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
BMWCCA sent me an email back. They are basically saying they do not set the rules for the rebate and note their website says BMWNA can change the rules at any time. I cannot argue what they are saying, but I can state that is no way to treat new or returning CCA members.

I personally will never join BMWCCA again. I followed their rules. I ordered within the time period that they teamed up with BMWNA to offer the rebate. I have paid BMW the deposit for my vehicle. I can't control when BMW can finish and deliver my vehicle, therefore I should get the rebate if I ordered within the eligible period. To change the rules while customers are waiting for delivery is shady and dishonest. If they are comfortable with this they they are as equally culpable as BMWNA.
Well, try and submit anyway and see what happens. I agree, this is a $hitty business practice even if they want to pass the buck to BMWNA for what THEY state on THEIR website...or email, in my case.

I actually just re-upped, after not being a member for a few years, to a 3 year on Friday per an email discount code I received from BMWCCA claiming the same benefits. It also states member fees will be going up in Feb 2020. I may get back into a BMW sometime next summer, so I would probably meet the new 6 month guidelines, anyway. That said, it would definitely sour me on the Club if they pulled something like this for this scenario and one follows the rules only to be told in essence, "too bad". It's the principle more than anything, IMHO. I know, I know, BMWNA...

MB Club America offers a $500, but you have to be a consecutive member for 12 months. Although, if you bought/have an AMG, they offer $500 immediately through their Private Lounge.

Even better, try and befriend an employee of a German make, I hear the friends/family discount is ~20% off...you don't need no stinking $500.