Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
3000 Euros!!!

Never..... in a million years would I spend that much on downpipes.

It would be cheaper to have a custom exhaust builder make you a set, and ceramic coat them.... and install them.

Wait a year or so, there will be a dozen manufacturers on the market selling a catless set for $500, and a catted set for around $1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
There are sets out there MUCH cheaper. My opinion is to wait a short amount of time. VRSF says they pipe that fits out truck. They are in the process of test fitting, but seem to have fallen off the grid. I actually offered to test them on my truck since I can do the work myself, but they have a local that is going to test fit them. For what it is worth, VSRF has a good reputation in my many of the N54/55 crowd. I think it may be the best option if we find they fit for sure.

Right now, we do know that the ARM pipes do fit the M50i and are very reasonably priced. The downside is that there is only one downpipe mounting bracket versus stock with 2. Does that make a difference? I am not sure I have a valid opinion yet.
Am I crazy for wanting it louder? haha
once the car warms up it, its not as loud and not that many pops from the exhaust

2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0