View Single Post
      06-16-2015, 07:07 AM   #49
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Yes. In general, I am pretty happy with it. The 2 way audio is a nice feature. I haven't done much of talking through the camera but hearing what is going on in the area the camera is monitoring is something that once you've utilized it, you don't want to do without. The camera is pretty compact. There's a setup option for the video to properly orient the image. This allows you to have the camera side ways or upside down to aid in the best mounting configuration. You're going to be limited to how the camera is going to be mounted. The back of the camera has a threaded hole where the stand screws in to. The stand has two screw keyholes. So you'll have to utilize the included stand. The IR lamp and night vision is very impressive. I can get a pretty clear image in the pitch dark environment of my garage. There's some noise in the picture but it's really good for being pitch black in there.

The bad.... I haven't figured out what was going on with one of the 2432 cameras...(I have three). The one I was running wirelessly for a baby cam started to act up. I was getting slow motion video, out of sync audio, and video stutter due to dropped packets or high latency. It got better when I ran that camera via Ethernet but I was still getting the above artifacts intermittently. I moved the camera back to the nursery and everything seems fine now via wireless. At first stab, I would say there was a clear wireless problem but the fact it was also happening via wired rules that out. The other two cameras have been running flawlessly but they've been wired from the get go.

I'm looking to buy another one for my beach house.
Appreciate 0