View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Unbelievable ___ bike thieves

So, in our building we have some reserved bike racks in a secured hallway and one of them belongs to us. I have been keeping my Trek fitness bike and my MTB mounted on the rack with a good Abus lock on the Trek and the MTB behind it. No way to get to the MTB without cutting the lock on the Trek.

So ... some jackass decides to try and steal the MTB and starts cutting the Abus (I know it was the MTB because the cut the cable lock off it). When he/they couldn't cut through the Abus, the rocket scientist decided that aluminum would be easier to cut and started working on the top tube of the frame.

View post on imgur.com

Obviously ruined. Spent a week test riding replacement bikes. Really loved the Specialized Elite Carbon but it turns out that Trek will automatically cover 20% of a replacement bike for one that is damaged which put me back to another Trek (which I do like as well). Wound up buying an FX S 4.

Since I also sprung for the integrated speed/cadence sensor, trying to decide whether to buy a true computer or a mount for my phone. Keep looking on CL for a good price on a Garmin Edge 520/Lezyne Macro/Polar M450. Any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0