Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' 540i M Sport

Garage List
2020 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
How pathetic. Yea I would say they are lazy not even investigating it. It’s almost like they are being dismissive and that’s when I show how much of a pia I can be by getting the service manager and dealership manager in for a group meeting. I then had to reiterate my expectations when purchasing a vehicle.
I have only had to do this years ago when my vehicle was damaged during a oil change. The mechanic said prove my wheels were not damaged when I brought it in. Huge mistake, epic. Heads did role and after that only the service manager was authorized to address any of my service appointments. This was at a Jeep/Ram dealership.

My current BMW service center can’t do enough and even made sure all the latest firmware was truly the latest version when I had my first oil change in Dec knowing I was taking it on a long Florida road trip.

I would talk to the service manager and even place a call to BMW and see if you should just live with a “odor” when such a priority in cabin environment is addressed by BMW that they offers a fragrance dispenser. It would seem counterintuitive for a owner with a BMW of this level to just “live with” a foul odor. Use the exact words when you call BMW that you feel the service dept is being “dismissive to my concerns”. That is a customer service trigger word to get their attention.

Thank you, I was second guessing myself earlier wondering if I was being too “finicky”. But you’re 100% right, 1. its a $94k Truck I shouldn’t just have to “deal with it” and 2. They do seem to be dismissive and I was very aggravated this morning when those were the SA literal first words lol. I received a text about an hour ago stating they are reprogramming the car and would call me tomorrow to let me know when it was done. I replied asking about the exhaust smell and received a response of “NOTHING YET”. I’m definitely going to contact BMW and say what you said, thank you for all the input and advice i really appreciate it. This forum is really great.
Appreciate 0